2019 Iowa League for Nursing Grants and Scholarships
The Iowa League for Nursing is excited to announce the following Scholarships and Grants available for 2019:
- $500 in scholarships and professional development grants (which can be used for workshops/conferences, certification prep/exams, other professional activities).
- Additional awards may be granted based on funding.
One scholarship sponsored by NurseTim, Inc.
1. One $500.00 Nurse Educator Scholarship for nurses enrolled in a
graduate or doctoral program
- Applications are due September 15th, 2019
- Iowa League for Nursing Scholarships and Grant applications are open to any nurse working or attending school in Iowa and any Iowa League for Nursing member.
- Each scholarship and grant has specific criteria that must be met in order for the application to be considered (see application).
- Applicants may apply for more than 1 scholarship and/or grant. Applicants must include all components required or each scholarship or grant applied for.
- Recipients can only receive one scholarship or grant.
Professional Development Grant:
- Applicant's professional activity must not be associated with the obtainment of a degree.
- Examples of professional activities include, but are not limited to, conference attendance, certification, re-certification, continuing education courses.
- The recipient of the Professional Development Grant is expected to report back to the Iowa League for Nursing membership regarding the use of the grant.
Nurse Educator Scholarship:
- The applicant must currently be enrolled in a graduate or doctoral program with a focus on education.
- Evidence that that you have completed at least nine (9) semester hours (official transcripts are not required, web-based transcripts or letters from the program are acceptable evidence)
- The recipient of a Nurse Educator Scholarship is expected to report back to the Iowa League for Nursing membership regarding the use of scholarship.